A Model and Rationale for PrayerP.R.A.Y.
* Praise (Thank God for all He has done)
- Repent (Confess my sins and shortcomings)
- Ask (Ask God to reveal His truth to me)
- Yield (Yield to the Lord and recognize He has heard my prayers and will answer according to His will)
Praying for our leaders – Pray for local, state and federal leaders, asking God to grant them strength, wisdom, discernment and hearts open to His leading. 1 Timothy 2:1-2 “I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for everyone –for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness.”
Some Personal Thoughts
From Pastor Mark on the Content of our Prayers:
- Pray that our leaders will turn to God for direction and guidance.
- Pray that my heart remains open and supportive of those leaders who are making decisions on our behalf that I don’t necessarily agree with.
- Pray for the safety of all the men and women of our armed forces both on the front-line and behind the scenes.
- Pray for their families who have been left behind for months and months.
- Pray for strong, Christian leaders to make themselves known and their voices to be heard. Pray for them to have the strengh and desire to make the necessary changes.
- Pray for God’s will to be done in every way.
God bless us and God bless our country to be a beacon of light and hope to the world!